Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Ally and I am a seventh-grade teacher of English Language Arts in Massachusetts.  I am heading into my fourth year of teaching while simultaneously pursuing a M.Ed. in Advanced Studies in Teaching and Learning.  Since completing my bachelor's degree I have been looking forward to returning to school as a student, and cannot wait to see how I grow as an educator in this program.
When I'm not teaching or planning lessons, I enjoy spending time in the gym or outdoors.  Creating a well-balanced lifestyle has always been a goal of mine, so I strive to stay both physically and mentally fit.  I also like to bake and try new recipes, to the benefit of my friends and family. Of course, as I am a millennial, my Netflix account also gets plenty of use. There's nothing like an episode of The Office after a long day of teaching.
I believe that as a teacher it is important to have a sense of humor but to also be thoughtful.  I look forward to sharing my thoughts on education as I work my way towards a better understanding of what it is to be a great teacher!

Comments

  1. There is honestly nothing better than coming home and replaying The Office on Netflix! Good self-care right there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the office. I recently gave my co-worker jello with a stapler inside like Jim does to Dwight as a back to school gift. Sense of humor/thoughtful all in one gift!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disparate Attitudes Towards Minority Students

Ideologies of Oppression

Who Controls American Education?